One of the lesser-known cryptocurrencies that is now available in some online casinos is Polygon (MATIC).
In this guide, we will help you to find all the best Polygon casinos, look at how they work and provide you with all the best Polygon bonuses to get started.
What is Polygon?
So, what is Polygon? Well, firstly, Polygon’s native cryptocurrency is called MATIC. This is a token that is created on the Ethereum blockchain, otherwise known as an ERC-20 token. The token is then used to secure and govern the Polygon network and pay the network fees.
There are some cryptos that have an unlimited supply, but MATIC isn’t one of them. Currently, there are just over 7.4 billion in circulation, but there can never be more than 10 billion.
Polygon works on a Proof-of-Stake mechanism – rewarding its token holders for verifying transactions and keeping the network running smoothly. The Proof-of-Stake model relies on holders staking their MATIC tokens. They lock them up, which makes them eligible to claim staking rewards.
You can stake with as little as 1 MATIC and start earning interest. However, most prefer to delegate staking to a validator. A validator usually takes a minimal cut, usually between 1% to 3% of staking rewards as their commission fees.
So, that’s just a little about what Polygon (MATIC) is – but how does this make it good for crypto gambling?
MATIC Pros and Cons
Well, essentially it has many of the advantages and disadvantages of other cryptos. Let’s take a look at MATIC pros and cons:
Cost Effective: MATIC is even less expensive than Ethereum, with Network fees usually being between just $0.0005 and $0,2.
Quick: Whereas ETH can only handle about 30 transactions per second, MATIC can handle up to 65,000 transactions per second! This means instance deposits and withdrawals.
Proof of Stake Mechanism: Unlike other cryptos such as Bitcoin, this is POS which means you can stake your idle tokens and earn as much as 10% interest!
Anonymous: Just as with other cryptos, payments are completely anonymous.
MATIC is newer and less secure than other tokens, so it still has an uncertain future.
The introduction of ETH 2.0 means a better ecosystem for NFTs, DAO and DeFi, which could make the Polygon network obsolete.
The availability of Polygon in casino sites is still not commonplace as it is one of the newer cryptocurrencies.
How to Use Polygon in an Online Casino
After having assessed the pros and cons and decided that this is something you are interested in, then learning how to play with Polygon in an online casino is easy:
- Find the best crypto exchange an open an account so you can buy MATIC.
- Make sure you have a crypto wallet that is MATIC friendly. If it isn’t, you will need to search for one that is compatible.
- Look at our list of best Polygon casinos, read the reviews and choose the right one for you.
- Register for a new account and check on the site to find out how to play with MATIC on that site.
- Open the cashier and choose MATIC as your preferred payment option.
- Make a note of the casino’s PWN (personal Wallet Number) exactly.
- Open up your MATIC wallet, choose how much you want to deposit, enter the casino PWN and confirm the transaction.
- Claim the MATIC welcome bonus.
- Start playing!
How to use Polygon in casino sites is very simple. However, before starting just remember the following factors and remember to take into account all the Polygon pros and cons:
- You need to make sure you choose the best MATIC wallet as well as the best casino.
- Polygon is similar to many rivals so it is still uncertain on the market.
- As it stands, this isn’t a particularly valuable currency and isn’t guaranteed to rise to great heights, even in a Bull market.
Bonuses in a Casino With Polygon
Being able to claim decent bonuses is essential in any casino – fiat casinos or crypto casinos. Polygon casinos tend to offer plenty of decent bonuses to suit different players.
First, most will offer a Polygon welcome bonus, which will look very tempting. Usually, this will involve offering you a match deposit, essentially doubling your funds. It may be that your first deposit is valued at $200 – so the casino will give you an extra $200 to play with. However, the bonus money will come with wagering requirements, which could be as much as 30x or higher!
There will be all sorts of other Polygon casino bonus offers available as well. This could involve VIP programs, free spins, cashback offers, reload bonuses or even sports betting offers. Here are the best Polygon casino bonuses you will find:
Polygon No Deposit Bonus
In some instances, you may be able to claim a bonus simply for registering a new account – a no deposit bonus MATIC promotion. You get this without the need to deposit at all. As long as you have verified your account, the bonus will be awarded directly into your new account.
A no deposit bonus Polygon offer is excellent to get started and to try the casino out. However, they will generally be smaller than a standard Polygon casino bonus and may have tougher T&Cs attached.
Other Online Casino Bonuses
Aside from the MATIC casino welcome bonus and no deposit Polygon casino bonuses, there may be other types of bonuses available regarding Polygon online gambling:
- VIP Programs The best Polygon casino sites will have special programs to reward high rolling and loyal players.
- Free Spins Slot players love free spins – and lots of Polygon casino bonuses reflect this, offering free spins on the best and most popular slot games.
- Reload MATIC Casino Bonuses These are similar to MATIC casino welcome bonus offers – a deposit match offer. However, these are usually smaller bonuses with lower wagering requirements.
- Cashback If you have a losing spell, the casino might give you back a percentage of your losses to play with – usually without wagering requirements!
Finding the Best, Safest, Trustworthy Polygon Casino
Because there are now more Polygon casinos than ever, some are better than others. Some are simply not to be trusted at all! However, we will only ever point you in the direction of a Polygon casino that is safe, trustworthy and offers a great experience. Here are the main factors we look at when choosing our best polygon casinos:
- The selection of games The best MATIC casinos should have a great selection of games from the best providers. We look for quality and quantity.
- Low/No Fees There are usually no fees (or very minimal fees) at the top MATIC casinos online.
- A Well-Designed Website That allows you to deposit, play, withdraw and enjoy all their services quickly, smoothly and seamlessly.
- Bonuses We look for the quality and the quantity of bonuses. We like lots of generous bonuses with fair T&CS.
- Selection of Payment Options The more payment options aside from MATIC, the better. Some MATIC casinos even offer fiat payment options such as eWallets and bank cards! The best MATIC casino site also offers instant deposits and fast withdrawals with high (or no) max withdrawals.
- Licensing and Reputation The best MATIC casinos online will be licensed by a well-renowned licensing body such as MGA or UKGC. Their games will be verified by third-party testing sites such as eCOGRA and they will have established a good reputation online with customers.
- Customer Service At the best casino with MATIC, customer support will be available around the clock and via multiple methods such as live chat, email and social media platforms.
To find the top Polygon casinos, we have done the work for you. However, remember that you may need to do a bit of research yourself! Compare the different Polygon wallets to make sure you use the best. Also, be sure to check the MATIC rate before buying and selling to make sure you get the best value.
Best Polygon Casino Reviews
Each one of our Polygon casino reviews takes a lot of time to complete. We make sure that we experience everything on the site ourselves, from start to finish. Our top crypto casino experts register with the site and check out the bonuses, they play the games and scour the catalogue to see what’s on offer. They will contact customer support to see how effective they are and withdraw.
Off of the site, they also read through personal reviews and experiences and check out licenses and certifications. This ensures that we leave no stone unturned when creating each and every top MATIC casino review.
Best Polygon Casino Games
No matter how great the casino is, it has to provide the best MATIC casino games if it wants to attract and keep players:
- Polygon Casino Blackjack Games All the best casinos will offer this popular MATIC game – where you simply have to get closer to 21 than the dealer. The more variants available, the better!
- Live Polygon Casino Games We like to see all the best Polygon casino games played in real life with real dealers against real players.
- Polygon Casino Slots No good casino could be without a good selection of slot games. We like to see games from the best providers, 3-reel games, 5-reel games, progressive jackpot slots and more. An excellent selection is essential.
- Other Traditional Casino Games We also like to see standard table games such as poker, baccarat, craps, roulette and more. You should be able to play Polygon casino games for hours without getting bored.
- Polygon Crash Games This game is not usually found at traditional fiat currency casinos. You bet on a graph and watch the multiplier climb. Your job is to crash out before the graph crashes or you lose the lot.
- Polygon Casino Dice Games As well as traditional dice games such as Craps, the best casinos will also offer special Dice MATIC casino games, where you bet on the role of a single die.
Polygon Casinos FAQs
Are Casinos With Matic Legal?
Casinos that accept Matic are completely legal as long as you are living in a region where online betting and crypto betting is legalized. You also need to make sure you are playing only on a licensed and fully regulated Polygon online casino site.
Is Playing at Polygon Casinos Anonymous?
Yes, making transactions into and out of a Polygon casino is completely anonymous. You will obviously need to register for an account first. However, because you don’t need to enter personal banking information, any deposits and withdrawals you make are anonymous – although they can be traced if necessary.
What Crypto Currencies Can I Use in Online Casinos?
Many online crypto casinos are now accepting all different currencies for deposits and withdrawals. It started out with just Bitcoin, but now Litecoin, Dogecoin, MATIC, Ripple, Ethereum, Monero and many more are accepted. There are currently over 900 cryptocurrencies and Altcoins – and more are being accepted at online casinos every day!
How Long Do Polygon Deposits Take?
This depends on the tie of day and how busy the blockchain network is. However, Polygon transactions are much quicker than the current Bitcoin and ETH transaction times. Because it can handle around 65,000 transactions per second, most deposits take just a matter of moments, with many being instantaneous.
How Long do Polygon Withdrawals Take?
One of the reasons that more people are turning to crypto casinos is because of the speed of the withdrawals. Traditional casino withdrawals usually take days to complete. However, Polygon withdrawals are often instantaneous. Additionally, most Polygon casinos have a super high maximum withdrawal limit, meaning you can withdraw big wins quicker.
With 8+ years in the iGaming industry, Tomek has a wealth of experience in building and improving online casino platforms. Fascinated by the intersection of crypto technology and iGaming.
He has been involved in crypto since 2016, writing about free web (3.0), crypto (d)apps, and blockchain safety. Based in Malta, Tomek is a specialist in live casino games, one of his favorites – live roulette.More by Tomek Jedrak
OnMarch 18, 2023this page was reviewed and fact-checked byKuba Bogdanski